Strength and Conditioning
Corrective Exercise Specialist
Certified Level 2 Speed and Agility
Certified Weightlifting Coach
Certified Sports Nutrition
Coach Art has been a soccer referee, a performance coach and personal trainer for over 15 years. He holds a “D” level coaching license from USSF. He holds a BS in Exercise Science from Laredo State University and spent many years working, training and studying in various Rehabilitation techniques, Strength and Conditioning, Yoga, Running Mechanics and even Crossfit before he created his own Sports Performance training program. The focus was originally to help improve overall fitness for Soccer Referees and Soccer Players. But over the years, this quickly expanded to help athletes in Tennis, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Volleyball and Track & Field. With a Unique brand of programming, and an energetic and engaging teaching style Coach Art created VFI Athletics based on the 3 basic elements of performance training…Volume, Frequency and Intensity. He brings his enthusiasm and years of knowledge and experience to every one of his sessions and clients.
Born in Houston, raised in Sugar Land. Trey attended Fort Bend Austin High School were he was an all district SS and Defensive Player of the Year. After high school he played for the UHV Jaguars in their inaugural season and hit the first home run in the history of their program. Deciding to focus on his major, he transferred to play for the Statesmen of Delta State were he played SS and 3B.
- Certified Teacher (PE, SPED, EC-6)
- Baseball/Basketball Instructor & Coach (6 years)
- Owner of Katy Sports and Fitness
- Sports Performance Coach (Speed, Agility, Strength & Conditioning Trainer)
- Collegiate Baseball Player- SS & 3B (Delta State University & University of Houston-Victoria)
- B.A in Health, Physical Education & Recreation (Delta State University)
- Worked in Early Childhood for 5 years, 4 as a motor skill development teacher at The Ischool.